FONS and NMBA Merger
5/12/2022 10:29 pm
Dear Instrumental Music Parents,
Tonight at our joint membership meeting the Executive Boards of NMBA and FONS announced that effective July 1, 2022 FONS and NMBA will be merging all vocal music related operations. This will once again create one music boosters organization supporting all of our instrumental and vocal music programs. Music Boosters thanks FONS, their members and past boards for the past 20 years of supporting our vocal music programs!
What Does This Mean?
- NMBA will retain its name as Nutley Music Boosters Association
- FONS will be changing its name (TBD) and focusing on the theatre programs including the NHS and JHWMS plays.
- All choir students accounts will be transferred to Music Boosters
- Accounts for these students will “roll over” every year.
- Accounts will begin in 7th grade and go thru 12th grade.
- NO MORE CONFUSION if a parent has joined the right booster organization.
- Over the past 2-3 years many of our fundraising efforts have been combined or have been duplicated, basically competing with each other.
- We already do many things together, such as the NHS Music Trips, St. Mary’s Benefit Concert, Tree Lighting, etc.
- There is a lot of crossover with students, many being in both vocal or an instrumental ensemble.
- Music Boosters will now propose by-law changes that need to be voted on by the current NMBA membership
- Change anything written “instrumental music” to “music”
- Minor changes to officer descriptions for what is “currently done”
- Creation of a New Executive Board position
- 2nd Vice-President
- You may view and download the proposed by-law changes, by clicking here.
Nominations for 2nd Vice-President, Special Election and Approval of By-Law Amendments
- The Nomination Period for the position of 2nd Vice-President is Tonight thru Tuesday, May 17
- Approval of Amended By-Laws and Election of the 2nd Vice-President will be held at a Special Meeting on WEDNESDAY, MAY 18. This will be held virtually at 6:00 PM via Google Meet - https://meet.google.com/dhd-ftgy-bin
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Sal Scarpelli, NMBA President at email@example.com..
NMBA Executive Board