About Nutley Music Boosters & Membership Benefits
What do we do?
Our organization works with the instrumental music teachers in the Nutley Schools to help support the program they design for our students. We help in a variety of ways - everything from loading trucks to chaperoning student activities to fundraising for trips.
Support Provided by Music Boosters
These are just a few of the many examples of how Nutley Music Boosters provides support to our instrumental music students and programs:
- College Scholarships – approximately $2,000
- Seven Summer Music Program Scholarships for qualifying Elementary and Middle School students
- Senior Gifts and Complimentary Tickets to the Music Awards Dinner
- Drum Major Academy Scholarships
- Marching Band Drill Design and Choreography
- Home Band Camp Pizza Lunch
- Away Band Camp Subsidization
- Marching Band Show T-Shirts
- Marching Band Uniform Pants Replacement
- Annual Band Breakfast
- Refreshments at HS Football Games and Nationals Tailgate
- Hospitality at High School, Middle School and All-Elementary Concerts
- Piano Repairs
- Miscellaneous supplies and equipment for entire program
- Music Trip T-Shirts
- Truck for Music Trip
- Booster Website and Email Communication Platform
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of fundraising does the organization do?
Nutley Music Boosters does a variety of fundraising throughout the year. Our biggest fundraisers have been Beefsteaks, our Taste of the World and our annual Cafe Night. Membership input in developing even more creative fundraising ideas is always encouraged.
Is the organization just for Marching Band?
Absolutely not! Marching Band is the big focus in the Fall, but we support instrumental music activities all year long. We support the holiday, spring and all-elementary concerts, our annual Cafe Night, music department trips and other performances.
What are the benefits of membership?
For a mere $20 a year, you can be a member of what has been called "one of the most active parent groups in Nutley." Membership qualifies your son/daughter for 100% credit in all fundraising activities they participate in. It also qualifies your son/daughter to be eligible for any Music Booster supplemental activity. The exciting news for seniors, if they are members, they are eligible for scholarships awarded by the organization. You can be part of a great, and more importantly, a fun support team for our incredibly talented instrumental students.
How do I get involved?
Our monthly meetings are held every other month (7:00pm) from September to June in the band room at Nutley High School. All are welcomed to attend and members receive e-mail reminders. We also hold special meetings from time to time to discuss things like music trips, Marching Band Camp and other special events. We encourage parents of younger students to become involved in the organization. Having a student in the instrumental music program offers parents one of the most exciting and rewarding experiences they will ever share with their children. And sharing the experience is what Nutley Music Boosters is all about.